From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: AOO Logo concepts
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 09:54:34 GMT
On 10/25/12, Graham Lauder <g.a.lauder@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 4:51 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:
>
>> Is a concept, basically a different approach based on this inkscape
>> visual element:
>> http://www.app-stick.com/images/screenshots/xinkscape.png
>>
>> Goal is to have a richer visual designs applied on the content. I
>> didnt finish it yet, but the goal is to have something to inspire
>> people to think different about the logo.
>>
>> I am also missing key effects from inkscape so I can't really
>> reproduce everything I want to. But this videos might inspire the
>> font-type and other concepts.
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OaLZuFZxdk
>> and
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8XORGTMjIs
>>

> I like the effects.  I'm having difficulty reading OpenOffice from the
> point of view of a new prospective customer though. I can see the effect as
> background however.

yeah the "pen ffice" was just put as a placed holder, the submition 3
you can see a spyro-esque font built from shapes as opposed of using a
font-type. However the more I look at it, might be a good idea to
think of just a logo and not a word.

Think scribus, gnu, drupal, firefox for example:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/files/linuxjournal.com/ufiles/imagecache/node-page/nodeimage/story/Scribus_logo_11.png

Just having the infinity logo might do it. Anyway I didnt intend to
win hearts with the logo but rather think differently about what can
get without dumbing it down.

The second is inspire dinamism, this logo althought still rough, start
looking like water constantly flowing.

I will still keep working on it, but like I mentioned is more a
concept than a proposal, doesnt has to be pretty yet.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice