From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Video from ACEU
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 08:58:08 GMT
Whilst looking at alternatives is useful for future planning be sure not to
jump to conclusions.

Just hiring a decent camera and buying an appropriate hard disk will cost
around 800. Then you need someone who knows how to operate it.

Sure it is possible to have an enthusiastic volunteer point a domestic
camera and plug it into ustream or somewhere, but this is not what we are
taliing about here.

The price is high (the venue says we use their people or no-one) but its
not as high as some comparisons would have us believe.

That said, it seems clear that AOO does not see enough value in this form
of video at this time. Especially when I remind you that audio will be
available.

Thanks for the fast feedback (there is still time to make it happen, but
only a few hours - sorry about the lack of suitable discussion period).

Ross

Sent from my tablet