From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Video from ACEU
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 16:25:56 GMT
Hi,

On 12-10-29, at 12:05 , "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:

> Since ACEU has sold out cash is available for a few nice extras. One of the extras we
are considering is recording all video of the various tracks. Unfortunately the budget doesn't
quite stretch to covering all tracks.

What service is being considered?

> The Lucene track is being covered by a third party. Which leaves 5 tracks.
>
> Would the aoo-marketing team be interested in having video for all the AOO talks?

The team has not met on this to speak with one voice yet, so I'll be one voice speaking but
not for the team. I think it would be a splendid idea.

> Cost is around €1500 per track per day (precise cost will depend on how many tracks
we decide to record). This only includes an HD video recording of the speaker. There is no
post-production in this so the AOO marketing team would need to do something useful with the
raw files.

I am curious why it's so costly… given that we could also use, say, much ruder tech?

> Would the aoo-marketing team like to contribute towards the costs to ensure the AOO tracks
are included?

Let's meet on this, team, yes?

> I'm afraid we have to move fast on this as a decision point as the event is next week
now.

Yes, of course.

@marketing team:

Can we meet via IM or email and come to a resolution on the proposal to spend the money to
ensure that AOO tracks are recorded per Apache's contract with the recorder for around 1500
euros/track?

Louis