From Louis Suárez-Potts <>
Subject Ticketbud
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2012 14:42:38 GMT

There has been some discussion on a Foss list I subscribe to related to foundations, and Ticketbud
came up, via the article in Wired on the company recently posted. []

The writer, Ryan Tate, has a good account of CEO Cross' modus operandi and I found it persuasive
and in sync. with open source efforts to provide work made by and for the community (and everyone
else). I sent Ticketbud a note asking whether they were open source, international, open content,
localized, etc.

That was a few minutes ago, so no response yet.

But I do think we ought to consider their use, provided that's feasible and in accord with
Apache; and if it seems good, then persuade Apache, if they need to be so suaded.

What I would rather avoid is wasting time, money, energy using services that are difficult
and costly or just costly or difficult, and that impose an effective tax on holding events.

View raw message