From Louis Suárez-Potts <lo...@apache.org>
Subject Ticketbud
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2012 14:42:38 GMT
https://ticketbud.com/

There has been some discussion on a Foss list I subscribe to related to foundations, and Ticketbud
came up, via the article in Wired on the company recently posted. [http://www.wired.com/business/2012/10/ticketbud/]

The writer, Ryan Tate, has a good account of CEO Cross' modus operandi and I found it persuasive
and in sync. with open source efforts to provide work made by and for the community (and everyone
else). I sent Ticketbud a note asking whether they were open source, international, open content,
localized, etc.

That was a few minutes ago, so no response yet.

But I do think we ought to consider their use, provided that's feasible and in accord with
Apache; and if it seems good, then persuade Apache, if they need to be so suaded.

What I would rather avoid is wasting time, money, energy using services that are difficult
and costly or just costly or difficult, and that impose an effective tax on holding events.

-louis