From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 7M downloads
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:24:36 GMT
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Donald Harbison <dpharbison@gmail.com> wrote:
> I recommend we plan another blog post focused on the project success and
> momentum when we achieve 10M downloads in a couple more weeks. If this
> timing works out we can include it in our 3.4.1 announcement materials.

10M looks likely.  We're at 7.6M now.  If 3.4.1 is at the end of the
month that gives us 21 more days.  To get to 10M would be 115K/day.
But we're getting closer to 128K/day lately.

I don't know how many messages we can squeeze in, but possibilities include:

1) AOO 3.4.1 release:  languages and bug fixes

2) 10M download mark

3) Plan for 3.5 and beyond

4) Call for translator volunteers

5) AOO Conference and Call for Papers