From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Seeking help to review 3rd party AOO download sites
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 14:41:06 GMT
I've started a table on the wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Download+sites

Everyone is free to sign up for a wiki account of you don't already have one.

The idea is to make a list of top download sites that are offering
OpenOffice downloads.   I have a sense of what some of the major
English-language ones are.  But I have no idea what they might be in
other countries and languages.  For example, if you search for "free
software downloads" (in your language) what are the top hits?

And I have no idea where the go-to sites are for Mac downloads.

In the table I'm mainly interested in a few key questions:

1) Do they have OpenOffice?  If so, do they have the latest version or
an older version?

2) If they have the 3.4. version o they have the correct branding?
This would mean the name (Apache OpenOffice).

3) Is the information generally correct?  Any concerns?

Based on the info we collect in this table we will probably have some
follow up items to discuss.

Thanks!

-Rob