From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Where do users come from?
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 20:09:45 GMT
Looking at all downloads of AOO 3.4 in the last month:

45.48% of them came to the website via a search engine query

8.28% of them came from a link on another, non-openoffice website

12.85% came directly, from typing in a URL or following a bookmark or
a link in an email

33.40% came from a upgrade notification message in an older version of
OpenOffice.org

This is why I'm so interested in how we do against search queries.
This is the new world.  It used to be that getting website traffic was
mainly about getting other websites to link to your website.  Today it
is more about having relevant content on your website for traffic from
search.  It is our single biggest source of new users.

-Rob