From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject 6M downloads
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:39:28 GMT
We hit 6 million downloads earlier today.  We hit 5 million on June
20th.  So a good pace still for AOO 3.4 downloads.

I've updated the data in the chart here:
http://people.apache.org/~robweir/aoo-downloads.html

Per previous discussions I'm not doing a special blog post for the 6M
mark.  My working assumption is that it is that we'll have a million
downloads/week until we have the 3.4.1 release.  So instead of
publicizing every 1M, I think we should aim to have a bigger campaign
around the 10M mark. At our current page that would be around a month
from now, perhaps a week before the 3.4.1 release announcement.  So
the 10M story could be part of the overall release announcement.

Of course, just because we don't do a blog post for 6M doesn't mean we
can't mention it on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Regards,

-Rob