From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache OpenOffice Conference 2012
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 19:38:35 GMT
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Donald Harbison <dpharbison@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have the opportunity to frame up and build a 'conference within a
> conference' within the ApacheCON EU 2012 venue, November 5 - 9th in
> Sinsheim, Germany. I've pulled  an outline together on the wiki [1].
>
> This is a 'call-to-action'. If you want to see this idea become a reality,
> now is the time to volunteer.

So reading your wiki page, it sounds like need to come up with
proposal for the Apache Conference Committee (ConComm).  Assuming
there is no template for the proposal that we can just copy, what do
we think the proposal should include?  It might make sense to outline
the proposal, maybe on the wiki (or via email) and discuss and fill in
the blanks.

A proposal might cover:

Name
Duration
Intended audience -- project, broader Apache, broader eco system
Resources needed (how many rooms, etc.)
Budget, including anticipated expenses and how they will met.
Planning schedule, including dates for registration, Call for Papers, etc.
Rough outline of conference schedule
List of volunteers

Is that the idea?  Or do you see the proposal as taking some other
form, or covering other information?

-Rob