From Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache OpenOffice Conference 2012
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 19:32:34 GMT
On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 4:44 AM, Roberto Galoppini <rgaloppini@geek.net>wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Peter Junge <peter.junge@gmx.org> wrote:
> > Looks like this thread didn't continue. Maybe because other topics that
> > started a bit later were interfering.
>
> Let's see if we can revamp it, here and now.

Thanks Roberto. I haven't forgotten about this topic(!) ... the ApacheCon
Discuss list has been moving in fits and starts. If you read the May and
June emails from the archive
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-apachecon-discuss/, you will
understand what I mean.

This is why I think we, the PPMC, needs to take the lead on what we want to
do. I proposed an outline for what that might look like in the wiki.

Rob had some good additional commentary on how our project 'ConComm' could
take the next step.  I'll frame up a new page on the wiki along the lines
Rob is proposing. What we will need to do is agree on the templates and
begin the planning work in earnest.  Summer holidays will add some more
challenges so let's get this moving now.

> > It's very unlike that I will be able to attend in person, but you can
> count
> > me in if you need reviewers for the call for papers.
>
> As soon as we'll start to promote the event we might customize the
> Apache OpenOffice displayed in the SourceForge top carousel (see
> http://sourceforge.net/directory) to inform our audience about the
> event.
>
> How do you like the idea?

+1 (!)