From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache OpenOffice Conference 2012
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 13:13:36 GMT
On 18 June 2012 20:32, Donald Harbison <dpharbison@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 4:44 AM, Roberto Galoppini <rgaloppini@geek.net>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Peter Junge <peter.junge@gmx.org> wrote:
>> > Looks like this thread didn't continue. Maybe because other topics that
>> > started a bit later were interfering.
>>
>> Let's see if we can revamp it, here and now.
>>

> Thanks Roberto. I haven't forgotten about this topic(!) ... the ApacheCon
> Discuss list has been moving in fits and starts. If you read the May and
> June emails from the archive
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-apachecon-discuss/, you will
> understand what I mean.
>
> This is why I think we, the PPMC, needs to take the lead on what we want to
> do. I proposed an outline for what that might look like in the wiki.

+1

I've taken the lack of concrete action by ConCom up on the core concom
list. In the meantime I strongly encourage this project to get
planning. The ConCom team will just have to do its best to accomodate
what this project plans. To minimise the surprises there needs to be
constant feedback from here to the discuss list even if that hits dead
silence over there.

I'm happy to mediate any issues that arise because of my encouraging
you to progress local planning.

Ross