From James Grenier <GRENI...@middlesex.mass.edu>
Subject RE: 6M downloads
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:16:09 GMT

Congratulations on 6M. Great news!

Fairly new to the group here, so I hope this question isn't redundant: Do we have a marketing
template to use to start planning for the 10M mark? It would be good to have some outline,
at least, for when that day comes.

Thanks.

J. M. Grenier, M.Ed.
Faculty, Business and Humanities
Coordinator of First Year Experience Activities
grenierj@middlesex.mass.edu
(781)276-4204

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~ Attributed to Mahatma Gandhi
From: Rob Weir [robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:39 AM
To: ooo-marketing@incubator.apache.org
Subject: 6M downloads

We hit 6 million downloads earlier today.  We hit 5 million on June
20th.  So a good pace still for AOO 3.4 downloads.

I've updated the data in the chart here:
http://people.apache.org/~robweir/aoo-downloads.html

Per previous discussions I'm not doing a special blog post for the 6M
mark.  My working assumption is that it is that we'll have a million
downloads/week until we have the 3.4.1 release.  So instead of
publicizing every 1M, I think we should aim to have a bigger campaign
around the 10M mark. At our current page that would be around a month
from now, perhaps a week before the 3.4.1 release announcement.  So
the 10M story could be part of the overall release announcement.

Of course, just because we don't do a blog post for 6M doesn't mean we
can't mention it on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Regards,

-Rob