From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache OpenOffice Conference 2012
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 15:31:38 GMT
On 08/06/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Donald Harbison wrote:
>> We have the opportunity to frame up and build a 'conference within a
>> conference' within the ApacheCON EU 2012 venue, November 5 - 9th in
>> Sinsheim, Germany. I've pulled  an outline together on the wiki [1].

This is a great idea. I just wonder whether the venue is really the one
shown in http://s.apache.org/4cp (which seems very much like a
football/soccer stadium) or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_Arena (not
very distant from it). In any case, the venue dwarfs any previous OOoCon
venues.

> A proposal might cover:
> Name
> Duration
> Intended audience -- project, broader Apache, broader eco system
> Resources needed (how many rooms, etc.)
> Budget, including anticipated expenses and how they will met.
> Planning schedule, including dates for registration, Call for Papers, etc.
> Rough outline of conference schedule
> List of volunteers

I would just add, if needed, the conference fees/admission.
Historically, the OOoCon has been free to attend (or almost free, with a
nominal fee, say 10 Euros, to avoid fake registrations). Does it work
the same for ApacheCon? If it doesn't, it might complicate the
"conference within a conference" model a bit since the proposal would
have to discuss the possibility of allowing partial registrations.

Regards,
   Andrea.