From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache OpenOffice Conference 2012
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 00:41:00 GMT

On Jun 20, 2012, at 12:56 PM, Donald Harbison wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com>wrote:
>
>> On 18 June 2012 20:32, Donald Harbison <dpharbison@gmail.com> wrote:

>> that

>>> Thanks Roberto. I haven't forgotten about this topic(!) ... the ApacheCon
>>> Discuss list has been moving in fits and starts. If you read the May and
>>> June emails from the archive
>>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-apachecon-discuss/, you
>> will
>>> understand what I mean.
>>>
>>> This is why I think we, the PPMC, needs to take the lead on what we want
>>> do. I proposed an outline for what that might look like in the wiki.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> I've taken the lack of concrete action by ConCom up on the core concom
>> list. In the meantime I strongly encourage this project to get
>> planning. The ConCom team will just have to do its best to accomodate
>> what this project plans. To minimise the surprises there needs to be
>> constant feedback from here to the discuss list even if that hits dead
>> silence over there.
>>

> OK, great. I've updated the planning wiki today.[1] ...with the latest
> activity, including a submission I made to a form Nick offered on the
> apachecon-discuss list. It's all documented in the updated wiki.
>
> [1] http://s.apache.org/4cp

Other more informal sessions can include Hackathons on the Monday and Tuesday before the main
conference.

Also, there are more informal "Fast Feather" sessions where people present current projects
and ideas.

If I have clearance to go, I've been thinking about a related CFP or Fast Feather discussing
a PDF to PowerPoint processor that we've built at work using PDFBox and POI.

If I am there I'd discuss the CMS.

Regards,
Dave