From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]Apache OpenOffice 'Conference within a Conference' @ApacheCon Europe 2012
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 17:47:24 GMT
On Tue, 8 May 2012, Donald Harbison wrote:
> For example, do we want to organize a 'conference in a conference'? This
> would mean putting together a program that would fill a section of the
> space allocated to ACEU with talks and tutorials specific to our
> project, but also, I think we would be remiss to not link our content to
> complementary Apache projects; e.g. Chemistry, POI, ODF Toolkit, etc.

Additionally, if you did organise something at ACEU, you have the option
to vary the size and format during the week. So, if you wanted to, you
could (suitable pitch for space permitting) do something like:
* One day, small room, getting started on contributing hackathon
* One day, smaller room, developer focused talks
* Two days, large room / two smaller rooms, wider focus talks

Those are just some ideas to get you started, the point is that if you
wanted it, you can have flexibility on space to suit the needs of a given
day / day's topics and audience.

If you're interested in getting more involved in the conference, the list
to join is <apachecon-discuss@apache.org>, see
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-apachecon-discuss/> for the
archive and subscription details

Nick