From Yue Helen <helenyu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]Apache OpenOffice 'Conference within a Conference' @ApacheCon Europe 2012
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 03:27:30 GMT
I apologize if I did not understand the conference discussion thread quite
well...

I have some questions and idea to the conference.
1. Annual conference
We used to have annual OpenOffice conference as a mechanism to meet and
exchange face-to-face. Is this ACEU a one time effort or is also happened
yearly?

This is related with if we can make it a stable mechanism to meet and
organize the activities.

2. "Conference in Conference"
I'm personally OK with this idea, since it will save us some effort. Just
two questions,
1) do we fit in the conference theme? What are the other tracks like?
2) Does it have limitations? on participants number, ...

3. Topics, (I believe people have many ideas on this...I just list some
here)
1) Sharing on development/testing/marketing/...
2) Discussion on good idea/proposals/design/standard...
3) Developers/designers to meet with users/customers/...
4) How to build the community well for long-term development?

Another questions are, it seems the conference is in NA and EU, how about
other locations? like people in China?

Helen