From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]Apache OpenOffice 'Conference within a Conference' @ApacheCon Europe 2012
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 09:43:14 GMT
Donald Harbison wrote:
> For example, do we want to organize a 'conference in a conference'? This
> would mean putting together a program that would fill a section of the
> space allocated to ACEU with talks and tutorials specific to our project,
> but also, I think we would be remiss to not link our content to
> complementary Apache projects; e.g. Chemistry, POI, ODF Toolkit, etc.

Germany is surely a good location. This is be a nice idea provided that:
- the OOCon still maintains its identity (i.e., it is a colocated event
but with specific visibility)
- the event is community-organized (I didn't understand well what Ross
wrote, but traditionally OOoCon has been an informal,
community-organized event, not delegated to external professional
organizers).

Regards,
   Andrea.