From Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org>
Subject FOSS events in China - Was: [DISCUSS]Apache OpenOffice 'Conference within a Conference' @ApacheCon Europe 2012
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 04:46:13 GMT
Hi Helen,

On 5/9/2012 11:27 AM, Yue Helen wrote:
[...]
> Another questions are, it seems the conference is in NA and EU, how about
> other locations? like people in China?

We should also focus in participating in 3rd party FOSS events in China.
Two very interesting events in Beijing would be:
1) Open Source China Open Source World 2012
http://oss.org.cn/?action-viewnews-itemid-70576
It's organized by China OSS Promotion Union. They used to invite Louis
in the past years.
2) China Open Source Week 2012
http://ow2.org/view/Events/China_Open_Source_Week_2012
Organized by the OW2. It's held at Beihang University. Institute of
Software Of Chinese Academy of Sciene and Peking University are also
involved.

Then, there's GNOME Asia in Hong Kong (http://2012.gnome.asia/).

Apart from that CS2C's headquarter is in Shanghai. I know that they are
involved in many FOSS events there.

Last year there was also the Apache Asia Roadshow. Not sure if it will
be held again.

Best regards,
Peter