From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: AOO t-shirts, other swag?
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 17:42:21 GMT
On 5/1/12 5:32 PM, Donald Harbison wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM, Jean Weber<jeanweber@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Yes, in fact "Friends of" made the offer to AOO long ago.
>>
>> My idea is to have both the opportunity for anyone to purchase TShirts
>> etc, and a fund to supply same for use at booths. Books, too, of course.
>>
>> Mainly what is needed is permission to use the AOO logo (and perhaps
>> variations such as "I [heart] [AOO logo]) and someone to do the work... Set
>> up a store, create products, etc.
>>

> We can move in this direction from within this PMC, with consultation from
> @trademarks. I'll be happy to help with that. Can you point me to the
> original offer thread you're referring to?

I looked for an online job to offer some OOo stuff like that on demand.
I have to figure it our again. The idea is to provide the designs and
define which kind of products should be sold (t-shirts, sweatshirts,
mugs, bags, etc.)

The hoster/maintainer of the job will get XY% from the money and the
rest can be transferred to Apache. That should be a model where we don't
have to produce something on hold but can do it on demand. Maybe a
little bit more expensive but we would have less effort.

But it is always good to have some material in place for conferences etc.

I have produced t-shirts several times for the FOSDEM when I have
organized the OOo presence there... I hope I can do it next year for AOO

Juergen