From Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Communications Outline in Support of Apache OpenOffice 3.4
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 14:12:57 GMT
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:37 PM, drew jensen <drewjensen.inbox@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 12:58 -0400, Donald Harbison wrote:
> > On Wednesday, April 25, 2012, Ross Gardler wrote:
> >
> > > On 18 April 2012 00:25, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com
> <javascript:;>>
> about
> projects
> > >
> > > The first of these posts has been written and is waiting for the
> > > release to go live. I focusses on what it means when we say the ASF
> > > and its projects are "all volunteer". I use AOO as a case study. In
> > > terms of Don's three objectives this piece targets "3. *Speak to ICT
> > > Leaders in business, government and education
> > > sectors* confused and unsure of the future of OpenOffice since Oracle
> > > left the business."
> > >
> > > I hope to find the time to do another one that is more aimed at
> > > developers (don's objective number 2).
> >

> > Great, thanks Ross!
> >
> > Drew, have you made any progress on your 'developer' draft?
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a decent draft - will be finished by tomorrow evening.

Hi Drew, any chance we can see your draft soon? I'm trying to get a sense
of what's stacking up in the queue so we can have discussion on how to time
publishing.

So far we have my draft announcement, Juergen is working up a separate post
focused on the details of the Release, and you've staked out this one for
developers. Ross is having his blogs post to the 'Apache Asserts' blog out
on ComputerWorld UK.

We've heard from our team members regarding their desire to translate, so
we need to consider their timeline needs to accomplish this as well so as
to achieve more synchronicity.

Thanks for your efforts!