From Gianvittorio <gianvitto...@zandona.nl>
Subject Re: Where is the OpenOffice logo used?
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:14:02 GMT

	Hi Rob,
 How about:
    *youtube tutorials
    *companies offering services based on OpenOffice technology
	Gian
 On Mon 20/02/12 23:33 , Rob Weir robweir@apache.org sent:
  I'd like to put together more complete branding and trademark usage
 guidelines for the project. One goal would be to have as many of the
 common uses already described, and permission granted (under certain
 conditions), without requiring additional approvals. For example, we
 might (hypothetically say) that the logo may be used on CD's that
 contain unmodified, verbatim copies of OpenOffice, but that the use
of
 the logo with modified copies of the product would require explicit
 permission from us. I don't want to debate the policy of what
 permissions will be given and under which conditions today -- that
 debate will happen later -- but I would like to enumerate how the
logo
 is used today, what range of goods and activities use it. This will
 help us make sure that are policy covers all of the common uses.
 I'd love some help putting together this list. Please consider all
 common uses, including the "bad" ones, so the policy takes into
 account what we want to promote as well as we want to avoid.
 Off the top of my head, I think we have:
 - Distribution of CD's containing unmodified copies of the
OpenOffice install
 - Websites hosting downloads of the unmodified OpenOffice install
 - Websites hosting modified installs for OpenOffice (some including
 ad-ware, etc)
 - Websites/blogs linking to the openoffice.org website for downloads
 - User websites or blogs with banner expressing support of the
project
 and OpenOffice
 - Social media websites with accounts that promote OpenOffice,
 including ones that officially represent the project, as well as
 unofficial ones.
 - Books and articles about OpenOffice
 - Banners at conferences and other venues where information about
 OpenOffice is presented
 - Official websites controlled by the OpenOffice project
 - Unofficial websites that host OpenOffice-related material or offer
 OpenOffice-related services, including commercial services
 - Software based on OpenOffice, ranging from unmodiifed binaries
with
 bundled plugins, to modified installs, to modified core code,
 including ports.
 - Inclusion of OpenOffice in OS distributions and bundled with
hardware
 If anyone can think of anything else that they've come across,
please
 add it to the list!
 Thanks,
 -Rob