From Vadim Korsakov <vadim.fi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice promotion tips
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:06:36 GMT
I considered this also. I actually think that shops may be even more
interested in that. And in my opinion if we have an agreement with one
big distributor it will be more simple than persuading 5-6 different
electronics manufacturers. Actually when I mentioned shops I mentioned
big distributors such as Finnish Gigantti.

BR
Vadim

On 29-Feb-12 11:22, Gianvittorio wrote:
> Vadim,
> Going to each single shop might be a good strategy, but did you consider going to a distributor
(somebody who sells to shops)?
> The issue is that I am not sure we have worked out a value proposition for the shops
(or distributors).
> Put down badly, these organizations are earning money when they sell other people's office
applications.
> They might face "retaliation" from the other office supplier if they start offering Open
Office.
> What we need to work out is: why would they start giving out Open Office CDs and what
would make it worth going against the potential wrath of those other guys?