From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TeamOpenOffice ( was spam, I assume? on users' list )
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 23:32:20 GMT
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Terry <terauck-aoomark@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Perhaps this is one of the first issues which needs to be addressed?  Dave, from memory,
mentioned it recently.

It certainly is something that is coloring user perceptions of this
project, and I suspect it will get worse before it gets better.

Maybe we can start by making a list of the top 10 misconceptions about
AOO that the reader might get from reading that email, and the Team
OpenOffice website:  http://teamopenoffice.org/en/

Once we have that list, it should be easy to publish a concise,
factual, not too emotional blog post correcting these misconceptions.

Some misconceptions might be:

1) Readers will get the impression that Team OpenOffice is affiliated
with the Apache and the OpenOffice project

2) Readers will assume that we endorse their work, since we (as far as
the reader can tell) permit their use of the trademarks.

3) Readers will think that the software distributed by Team OpenOffice
is approved or endorsed by Apache.

4) Readers will think that Team OpenOffice is the fund raising arm of
Apache OpenOffice

5) Readers will think that the funds raised by Team OpenOffice are
used by Apache to advance the development of the project

6) Readers will think that the Apache OpenOffice project is suffering
from lack of money

7) Readers will think that the Team OpenOffice members whose expertise
is listed on their website, are active contributors to the Apache
OpenOffice project

Any others?

-Rob