From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Aoo logo draft
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 12:35:38 GMT
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 6:27 AM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-12-11 at 17:33 -0500, Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Terry <terauck-aoomark@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>> > Question below quoted text.

Alexa will not see traffic generated from apps like OOo.  It is
looking only at page visits generated through browser.   It is derived
form a sample, of users who have installed the Alexa toolbar.

Some people swear by this data, others swear at it.

> Just say'n that the raw numbers have a lot of variables involved.

Yes, which is why it is good to look at a number of different
indicators.  It seems there is broad agreement among Alexa, Google and
Wikipedia searches on the fact that the OpenOffice brand is quite
strong.