From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Aoo logo draft
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 13:53:37 GMT
cc'ing the marketing list.

-Rob

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 12:59 AM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Well, given the vote on a name and after reading through the thread on
> branding it sounded like a good moment to put a (interim maybe) logo
> proposal together.
>
> Put a couple of hours to same this evening and uploaded where I stopped,
> to the wiki:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal
>
> Comments, suggestions, thoughts - all welcomed.

Hi Drew, Thanks for putting these together.  I like them.

A quick comment:  Our website branding has been "Apache OpenOffice
(incubating)" rather than 'Incubator" as you have it.

Or maybe it makes sense to not mention that at all in the logo, but
have the website text and disclaimer (and the product text in the
about box) take care of that disclaimer.  Then we can reuse the logo
unchanged after we graduate.