From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: TeamOpenOffice ( was spam, I assume? on users' list )
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 23:28:18 GMT
Hi Terry,

We can't control TOO. We can only do the good work that we do. This project needs to get our
message out. Their's is irrelevant and the ASF will take care of the situation.

We are about to go live with ASF hosted www.openoffice.org. This new version is currently
hosted at ooo-site.apache.org.

It is my opinion that last minute adjustments to the site to strongly connect it to the project
make sense in advance. Rob disagrees and has the opinion that we should make many individual
changes after the migration. If people on this list have suggestions for changes to ooo-site
to be made in advance now is the time.

A huge amount of work has been done to migrate to ASF and donations to the ASF while not directed
to AOO will help this project. We need to get our message out. Lots of people end up at www.openoffice.org.
Let's control the message NOW!

I'll help with the mechanics of the site, but I'm looking for others to generate the AOO message.

Regards,
Dave