From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Aoo logo draft
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 12:52:35 GMT
On 2011-12-18 7:09 AM, Graham Lauder wrote:
> On Sunday 18 Dec 2011 16:23:51 Rob Weir wrote:

...snipity snip snip...

> There are only two real options, The brand with history that we build on or an
> entirely new brand that gives us the oppportunity to start with a roar,
> (Personally I liked ApacheO as the brand but...)  What has been chosen is a
> timid reaction without any research or real reasoning other than people going
> with something easy and what seems to be low risk.

The new name was chosen by the people who are doing the work in the
PPMC.  That's a fundamental part of The Apache Way: the people doing the
actual work in the project get to decide.  This is a huge part of what
has ensured that many of the other almost 100 Apache projects have
continued - even in the face of one of the major employers of committers
on the project happens to change direction due to some external reason.

> All the market and user research used to be done by Sun or it's contractors
> that is something we will need to do now.

Great!  What kind of research are you volunteering to do for the project?

- Shane