From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Aoo logo draft
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:38:18 GMT
One specific comment:

On 2011-12-11 7:50 AM, Graham Lauder wrote:
...snip...
> We, as in the project, neither had the cajones (or in my case didn't know that
> whatever is set in stone, isn't actually.)  to go to the board or IPMC or
> whoever and say:  "These are the reasons we need to NOT have apache in front
> of OpenOffice.org!"

Including Apache as a prefix to the name is required, period.  This is
one of the invariants of any project that the ASF hosts.

Given the fact that we have lots of new energy and opportunities ahead,
plus the fact that this PPMC runs the existing openoffice.org domain
(arguably, one of the biggest marketing assets from OOo land), I think
there is a lot to be happy about, even if the actual product/project
name does need to change.

- Shane, VP, Brand Management