From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Aoo logo draft
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 21:32:22 GMT
Hi -

Sorry about the top-post.

We are getting close to - within a couple of weeks to migrating the www.openoffice.org website
- which will have the legacy logo.

At the same time there will be pointers to the project page. We need to have a different logo
and branding to show some distinction.

I think a version of Drew's logo is a good place to start with the Project's Logo.

I can agree with the desire to have a whole branding strategy, but I think we need to move
and there is no time for a competition.

In my favorite sport - Ultimate Frisbee - it is time to huck it long and see if it is caught.

Another way - there are three threads for branding.

(1) Legacy 3.3 and below w/openoffice.org website - keeps current brand.
(2) Project w/ incubator podling site and probable openoffice.apache.org TLP - needs to be
different from Legacy.
(3) AOO 4.0 Branding - needs big marketing and branding strategy.

Does this make sense?

Regards,
Dave