From Gianluca Turconi <pub...@letturefantastiche.com>
Subject Re: Aoo logo draft
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 14:06:43 GMT
Il giorno Mon, 12 Dec 2011 01:50:51 +1300
Graham Lauder <g.a.lauder@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Again I repeat, as was forcefully expressed to me, this is an
> entirely different project, entirely different owners, entirely
> different community. To hang on to bits of the old is
> counterproductive whereas going with a new look and style has many
> advantages in terms of marketing, and remember that's all a name and
> logo is, part of the brand, a marketing tool.

I have to disagree here, too. :-)

AOO should be marketed like "Software continuity under a new home",
just like it was in the Sun-Oracle transition.

Or "Software continuity under a new home + innovation of the Apache way"

Anything that was completely new would disrupt a huge value that
consists in the historical OpenOffice.org brand.

Indeed, I consider a mistake even the change of the OpenOffice.org
name, but, well, the majority rules. :-)

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale: