From Terry <terauck-aoom...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject Publicity (was Native support of the SVG graphic format in Apache OpenOffice.org)
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 10:41:21 GMT
Comments interlineated.

----- Original Message -----

Quite apart from 'visibility' there is virtually no activity on the project blog.

> <snip>
>
> So creating a new "destination" for news stories related to AOO is
> easy.  Getting users to visit that news source is nearly impossible.
> I think that any successful outreach will need to rely on some
> coordination among the official distribution channels (project blog),
> the personal social networks of PPMC members and the OOo-branded
> social network accounts.  Right now this coordination is done
> informally and rather poorly.  Certainly room for improvement.
>
> -Rob

I am heartened to learn that creating a news page would be easy.  Presumably the only reason
it doesn't exist is that no one is authorised and able to create it.

If "getting users to visit that news source is nearly impossible," why should a blog fare
any better, especially when there is no content there.  A news page can pull in articles
and other items from many sources.  The blog is limited to those rare occasions when some
authorised person has time to write and something to report.

Regards, Terry