From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Aoo logo draft
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 01:50:32 GMT
My preference is to use the new logo on the clear Project sites, and of course the new builds,
but not the migrated Wiki, Forums and the static content of OpenOffice.org.  As incubation
proceeds there will be more refactoring and it can be figured out for content that is predominately
about Apache OpenOffice.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2wave@comcast.net]
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2011 16:44
To: ooo-marketing@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Aoo logo draft

On Dec 10, 2011, at 3:30 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> On 03/12/2011 drew wrote:
>> My best attempt was made to create new artwork which conforms to the
>> design principles as described in the OpenOffice.org branding guidelines
>> documentation.  ...
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal
>
> Thank you for your effort. Indeed your draft goes in what I also see as the right direction:
minimal changes to the OpenOffice.org logo in order to show continuity with respect to OpenOffice.org
and at the same time introduce the new, slightly different, name.

I totally agree.

Should we replace the logo on the migrated version of openoffice.org as well? Or only use
it for clear Project sites, Wikis and Forums as well as the new project builds?

Regards,
Dave