From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Forum Migration blog post: Spreading the word via social media
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 23:40:04 GMT
Dennis wrote up a nice blog post on the migration of the phpBB user
forums to Apache.  This is good news, important news:

http://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/openoffice_org_migration_the_community

But unless you follow the ooo-dev mailing list, or the ASF blog
planet, you would not know about this news.  In other words, unless
you are an Apache insider, you will not hear this news.  Our users
will never hear about this unless we reach out and let them know.

But as far as I can tell, there has been no mention of this post on
Twitter, on Google+ or on Facebook.

Let's see what we can do to improve on this.

I've done my part.  Feel free to compose your own or Retweet or +1 the
following:

Twitter:  http://twitter.com/rcweir/statuses/138037390857084930

Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/110021943609888508798/posts/R2XBXv1c4BZ

(And did anyone post a link to the blog post to the ooo-users and
legacy user and discuss lists?)

Thanks!  And let's get into the habit of doing this for every new blog
post that we publish.

Regards,

-Rob