From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Product Branding
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 17:57:02 GMT
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 1:50 PM,  <lothar.becker@riess.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> what about "Apache Open Office" ?
>
> In my experience most people write "Open Office" or "open office",
> with a blank between open and office, if they are searching for somewhat
> with OOo in Google or Bing or so ...

I've certainly seen that.  But I don't know if it is majority or not.

The "camel case convention" of OpenOffice is something you see in many
tech names.  It is one of several weird conventions.   If we were a
heavy metal band we could call it "ÖpenÖffice" per
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_umlaut  It is the same idea.  Camel
case signifies high tech.  Or at least it did 10 years ago....

-Rob