From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org G+ Page
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 21:27:57 GMT
On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 8:18 PM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@openoffice.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@openoffice.org>
>> wrote:

>> jza@openoffice.org>
>> such.

>> > What happens if multiple pages point to the projects homepage?
>> >

>> I think that is allowed.  But I'm reading that Google will give a more
>> prominent placement in search results to the Google+ Page that is
>> linked to from the external website.  In other words you want to have
>> the link go in both directions.  Google+ page links to openoffice.org
>> (already done), but also openoffice.org links to the Google+ Page.
>> That provides the validation that the page is the authoritative page.
>>

> Ah, understood.

It looks like your page is further ahead, so I've deleted mine.   They
don't have it yet, but I'm reading that Google will be adding
multiple-author support for their Google+ Pages in the future.

It looks like we can freely rename the page without changing its URL.
So if we agree on a different branding, like "Apache OpenOffice", we
can easily use that.

In any case, let's spread the word about the new page:
http://plus.ly/openofficeorg

I assume you've sent this out via Twitter as well?

-Rob