From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Product Branding
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 10:34:47 GMT
On Nov 4, 2011 8:17 AM, "J├╝rgen Schmidt" <jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Give me one reason why we should support a project that only take
> our code or pieces of our code and give nothing back?

That's not helpful talk here, Juergen. Exactly the same could be said of
IBM, yet Oracle gave the trademarks to Apache so they could try their hand
in spite of it. Moreover, I am not aware of any "taking" of AOOo code, but
I am aware that around a third of the commits to AOOo so far have come from
people who now work on LibreOffice.

We're a far more complex community than such tribal sentiments reflect and
I suggest moderating your condemnation, respecting the fact that AOOo is a
peer in a larger community and leaving doors open to whatever collaboration
may be appropriate later.

S.