From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Process for deciding on branding strategy for our first release
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 15:51:07 GMT

On Nov 1, 2011, at 8:31 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
>> If every post on this thread is being cross-posted to two lists, why is it being
conducted on two lists?  All it does is expose the prospect of the thread forking between
the two lists and turning into a tangled mess.  It also forces anyone who is keen on this
topic to read both lists to make sure that eventuality is forestalled.

>> I recommend that a single list be chosen for continuation.
>>

> My intent was to have the discussion on ooo-marketing.  I was just
> notifying ooo-dev on the proposed terms and timing of the discussion.
> I will start a new [DISCUSS] thread on only ooo-marketing and will
> send a cc to ooo-dev when the [VOTE] thread kicks off as well.  Sorry
> if this caused confusion.  You can stop cross posting now.

Please don't cross-post the [VOTE]. You'll just start it up all over again. Instead send a
separate notice to ooo-dev.

Thanks!
Dave

> -Rob
>

>> At present, instead of providing shelter of the ooo-marketing list from the clutter
on ooo-dev, this is either adding clutter to ooo-dev or it really needs to be a [DISCUSS]
there.