From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [domains]
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2011 23:18:54 GMT
On 29/10/2011 00:35, Dave Fisher wrote:
> On Oct 28, 2011, at 3:22 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>>> this shows commitment to end users.
>> Shows who?  Most people directly involved in the project did not know
>> about these domains.  I assume even fewer users know about them. ...
> Numerous people have fraudulently abused users

Exactly. You don't need to be able to read Italian to understand that
discussions like this one (referencing officially sanctioned fraud cases)
http://user.services.openoffice.org/it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=309
attract a lot of attention and that being able to show that the project
cares about this, even if only by redirecting former scam sites to the
official OOo site, would be a nice sign of attention to final users...
and possibly a way to get some donations too.

Regards,
   Andrea.