From Terry <terauck-aoom...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Product Branding
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 22:12:06 GMT
I agree that ownership of the 'OpenOffice.org' brand should be preserved; allowing someone
else to use it would create confusion.

I also prefer that '.org' be dropped from the product name.  My suggestion is that legal
advice be obtained (ASAP) on how (if at all) the OO.o brand can be preserved without using
it as the product name.  Perhaps use as a domain name would suffice.  Perhaps acknowledging
OO.o as the forbear of the new brand would suffice.

Terry