From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Can the OpenOffice.org Site be a Haven for All?
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 19:43:02 GMT
The ODF Authors site has elected to remain independent and operate with the
tools and approaches they know best.  Some of their past work is on the
openoffice.org site but it does not belong to the OpenOffice.org project and
has not been licensed to AOOo as far as I know.

Most of the current involvement by ODF Authors and others appears to be
creation of updated user documentation and rebranding of it for LO.  There is
considerable attention on places where there are large holes (e.g., for the
Base application).

I am hopeful that when there is an Apache OpenOffice.org release, they might
be inspired to contribute an equivalent effort.  There is a pretty steady
intake of volunteer writers, editors, reviewers, translators, and other
helpers for the LO documentation.  They have the use of a contributed Alfresco
repository to help in the collaborative handling and management of materials.

I just now cast my sympathy vote for today's ballot to elect Jean Hollis Weber
as the LO Documentation team lead. (I am not a contributor to the team, but I
follow their list with great interest.)

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry [mailto:terauck-aoomark@yahoo.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 03:28
To: ooo-marketing@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can the OpenOffice.org Site be a Haven for All?

I like the idea but it would be a radical change in direction.  Does anyone
know the current status of http://www.odfauthors.org/ ?  That seems to be a
possible site for collaboration at least as far as user documentation is
concerned.

The site http://openoffice.info/ has been in existence for a long time.  It
links to oooforum.org

Terry