incubator-ooo-marketing mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rob Weir <>
Subject Process for deciding on branding strategy for our first release
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 19:15:46 GMT
Looking at the dev work that remains, I think we need to move forward
on this with deliberate speed.  This impacts both the branding on our
3.4 release, as well as the branding on our web sites, both of which
are making strong progress.

I think there are two main elements we need to decide on:

1) Product name:  Apache OpenOffice, Apache or something else

2) Logo, for use on website, product splash screen etc.

I propose that we discuss these topics on the ooo-marketing for two
weeks, until November 14th.  If there is consensus on these questions
then we will go forward to implement that consensus.  But if there is
no consensus by the 14th, then we will have a 72-hour vote of PPMC
members to decide among the alternatives.

Of course, it is better to reach consensus on such questions, but a
product name is not optional, so we need to resolve these questions
one way or another.

Any objections to this general approach and time frame?


View raw message