From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Request: Link to AOOo blog
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:30:38 GMT
If you query Google for : openoffice blog, our project blog appears
#10 on the search results.  This is on the bottom of the first page of
results.  It is good that we are on the first page, but we should
appear much higher, ideally in the #1 position.

One way to improve this is to have relevant links to the blog from
other websites.  As Google then updates its database, this raises the
"page rank" of the page which causes it to appear higher on the
results page, which will make it more prominent for people searching
for us.

I've added a link to the blog from my blog.  Could we all do this, for
relevant blogs/websites that we own or control?  Don't put it on
totally unrelated websites.  That won't help. But if you have a
website related to OpenOffice or open source software, or a personal
blog, please add a link to the blog.

The URL is:  http://blogs.apache.org/OOo/

Thanks!

-Rob