From Alexandro Colorado <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Request: An AOOo banner
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 00:30:56 GMT
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Terry <terauck-aoomarket@yahoo.com.au>wrote:

> I have to use top posting.  My apologies to anyone who has a problem with
> that.
>
> My recollection is that OOo had a collection of logos.  There is an OOo
> page referring to a logo.[1]
>

> My understanding is that the word 'Apache' is required by ASF.  Because
> people are familiar with (the) OOo logo(s), it makes sense to use it / them
> with the Apache feather.

There was a huge change in policy regarding to the logo primarily beccause
of trademark pactices and a whole set of policies to determine the logo were
implemented by the visual aid team. There a whole set of things about that
in the wiki.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Logo_Usage_Guidelines_Proposals

--
*Alexandro Colorado*