From richard clary <r.clar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branding of the 3.4 release
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 20:01:16 GMT
Apache (x) = Induction(s)
Causal inference: A causal inference draws a conclusion about a causal
connection based on the conditions of the occurrence of an effect.
Premises about the correlation of two things can indicate a causal
relationship between them, but additional factors must be confirmed to
establish the exact form of Strong induction. The equation "the
gravitational force between two objects equals the gravitational
constant times the product of the masses divided by the distance
between them squared," has allowed us to describe the rate of fall of
all objects we have observed.
Therefore:  The gravitational force between two objects equals the
gravitational constant times the product of the masses divided by the
distance between them squared.
The conclusion of this argument is not absolutely certain, even given
the premise. At speeds we normally experience, Newtonian mechanics
holds quite well. But at speeds approaching that of light, the
Newtonian system is not accurate and the conclusion in that case would
be false. However, since, in most cases that we experience, the
premise as stated would usually lead to the conclusion given, we are
logical in calling this argument an instance of strong induction.

--
Richard (Rrickey) Clary
Sr. Analyst Product Introduction (Retired)