From Terry <terauck-aoom...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject Re: Process for deciding on branding strategy for our first release
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 00:01:11 GMT
----- Original Message -----

I agree with the general approach and time frame.  I think the questions can be resolved
easily.

> My largest issue is basically the way is being handled this voting, usually
> it seems that is not as easily traceable as a poll. Mailing list can easily
> bury vote by just having chatty people or flamewars.
> I rather see the forum as a more dynamic way to reach consensus like they
> do with a voting poll separate from the overall discussion why is a good
> idea or not. Also I would miss the ability to change the voting in case the
> voter realize that he has a change of heart. I do like the timeline.
> So I would propose a decision making framework to account vote, change
> votes, and easily browse/review overall group decisions.
>
> --
> *Alexandro Colorado*
> *OpenOffice.org* Español
> http://es.openoffice.org
> fingerprint: E62B CF77 1BEA 0749 C0B8 50B9 3DE6 A84A 68D0 72E6

on either issue (name or logos) may prove to be necessary but, surely, that does
not need to be decided at the outset.

As far as the substance is concerned,

1.  Name:
The word 'Apache' has to be used.  'OpenOffice' has history and familiarity.  The
suffix '.org' is no longer needed.  It was an oddity to name software with the address
of a website.

2.  Logos:
The Apache logo must be used.  To make sure that people recognise the heritage of the
software, at least one OpenOffice logo should be used.  This is a link to a page containing
brands: http://www.openoffice.org/trademark/brandrefresh.html

Regards, Terry