incubator-ooo-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
Subject [Bug 90887] take long time for open
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 20:24:52 GMT

Joe <> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
                 CC|                            |

--- Comment #8 from Joe <> ---
Running on Windows 7 SP 1 on version 3.4.1

When opening the provided documents. I also found that the documents did not
end up opening at the same time at a measured: <4s for aa.odt and <1s for
bb.odt. This happens no matter the order you open them as to also avoid that
argument; however, as the documents do not have any proof of when created, it
is hard to tell if maybe the underlined encoding maybe has something to do with
it. If the original tests were in fact tested under the same version and

To generalize this problem:

The documents in question contain:
-Two columns

1st Column:
Multiple lines of text in different typefaces
1 picture element
1 table of 10X10 with things written in different fonts [This can be reduced to

2nd Column:
Multiple lines of text in different typefaces
1 table of 10X10 [2X2 if desired]

Centered text

Now with this generalized approach, when following these elements to put into
your own document, I found that both documents take <2s to open in any order;
therefore, there seems to be no problem.

My final conclusion: I feel that this should be closed as it does not seem to
be a problem for follow-up tests and although I have seen the two documents
provided, it could be due to the documents being written at a time before
encoding changed or some minor fix was implemented in the same beta version,.
And since it was found in a beta, I feel that this was a freak chance that this
was created maybe right as they changed something to the code.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.

View raw message