incubator-ooo-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject [Bug 120375] New: A bug, relating to the position of the text boxes was discovered while testing the page margin variable of OOo Impress.
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 03:29:31 GMT
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=120375

          Priority: P3
            Bug ID: 120375
          Assignee: ooo-issues@incubator.apache.org
           Summary: A bug, relating to the position of the text boxes was
                    discovered while testing the page margin variable of
                    OOo Impress.
          Severity: normal
        Issue Type: DEFECT
    Classification: Application
                OS: Windows 7
          Reporter: navneet.s.nagi@gmail.com
          Hardware: PC
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
           Version: AOO 3.4.0
         Component: viewing
           Product: presentation

System Information:
The system I am using has the following configuration: It is an Intel(R) Core 2
Duo CPU with a speed of 1.8 GHz. The installed memory is 3.00 GB. The operating
system is 64-bit Windows 7 professional SP1. The version of Open Office I’m
using is 3.4.0, Aoo340m1, build 9590. It is an HP 540 laptop.

Replicating the bug:
The following steps will help to replicate the bug:
1.    I turned on my computer, and ran Open Office Impress from the start menu
of my computer. 
2.    As the program launched, I selected the blank presentation option and the
main program window showed up with the default text boxes: one positioned at
the top of the page and the other (bigger than the former) positioned right
below the first text box.
3.    I went ahead and right clicked on the white space of the page and from
the menu, I selected “slide” that opened up a sub menu.
4.    From the “slide” submenu, I selected “page setup” that opened up a dialog
box with the same title.
5.    On the “page setup” dialog box, in the margins area, for the left margin
variable, I entered 100” as its value. 
6.    I clicked “ok’. As expected, on the main page/slide, I saw that the
margin was situated at its maximum possible distance. At the same time, I
observed that the text boxes I previously mentioned were “squished” by the
margin, rendering them distorted. 
7.    I then dragged and dropped both the text boxes onto the white space to
the left of the margin while still on the page/slide.
8.    Again, I right-clicked on the white space of the page/slide, and again
reached the “page setup” dialog box, and on that dialog, for the “left margin”
cell, I reentered a random value of 5.00” and clicked “ok”.

Follow up tests:
I performed a follow up test for a couple of values greater than the value
specified before. I followed the same steps as provided above and got the same
results.

Observation/Result:
I also changed the value of the right margin and performed the test as
indicated in the steps above. Again, the text boxed disappeared to an unknown
location.

Customer Impact:
Such a bug could be a very frustrating to the customers. Disappearance of text
boxes with information in them could be a potential factor that would make the
customers lose trust in the program. A user could lose important information
present inside the text box. This could make prove to be an embarrassing
situation when such a problem arises during a presentation.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
Mime
View raw message