incubator-ooo-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject [Bug 118869] Table of Cotents corrupted when MS Word doc opened and saved without editing
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 22:10:52 GMT
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=118869

Cem Kaner <kaner@kaner.com> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |kaner@kaner.com

--- Comment #4 from Cem Kaner <kaner@kaner.com> ---
I replicated this bug with Saranya on a Word 2010 (32-bit) application and OOo
3.4.0 (build 9590) running on a 64-bit Windows 7 computer.

The original files show a few problems beyond the field code. In the OpenOffice
document, the Table of Appendices repeats the contents of the original Table of
Contents and when it finally gets to the actual appendices, the numbering of
the appendix sections is wrong. For example, it says "1.1.1.1.1. Regulations
for One Train Working of Single Lines." It should be "1", not "1.1.1.1.1". The
page numbers themselves appear to be correct. For example, the final entry
(Section D.  - Disciplinary awards points to the correct page, which in this
document is 66). 

When we open the original document in Word, the TOC appears to be correct. When
we open it in OpenOffice, the TOC is corrupted in several ways (See Saranya's
"file opened in Open Office Writer" attachment.):
(1) The text from the first table is copied into the second table
(2) The page numbers in the second table are wrong. For example, the section
"13.4.Section D.  - Disciplinary awards" points to page 47 but in this document
it should be pointing to page 89. 
(3) However, we do not see the corrupted section numbering.

We then save the file (document1.doc is from word, document2.odt is openoffice,
then we create document2.doc as a word file) and open the word file with word
2010. In this case, we see a document that is essentially the same as the Open
Office document. Pagination is a little different, but 
(1) the text from the original contents is copied into the Table of Appendices,
but
(2) The page numbers in the TOC are wrong, 
(3) we do not see any 1.1.1.1.1.1's. 
(4) When we checked the field codes, we saw the same {    TOC    } without
parameters that were mentioned in the original report.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Mime
View raw message