incubator-ooo-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
Subject DO NOT REPLY [Bug 119100] New: extensions-installed dictionaries spell checking does not work
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:44:04 GMT

             Bug #: 119100
        Issue Type: DEFECT
           Summary: extensions-installed dictionaries spell checking does
                    not work
    Classification: Code
           Product: lingucomponent
           Version: OOo 3.4 Beta
          Platform: PC
        OS/Version: Windows 7
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: blocker
          Priority: P3
         Component: spell checking

I found that spell checking does not work for languages where a dictionary is
installed via extension.

I installed the latest 3.4.0 build for Windows (build 9588)

>From the extensions manager, "get more extensions online", I got to where I downloaded the latest Dutch
and Brazilian Portuguese dictionary extensions. After installing these I
restarted all of AOO, including the quickstarter. In Writer, selected all text,
used the Character Format dialog to set text to Dutch. The "abc" icon is shown
next to the language name suggesting the dictionary is installed correctly. 

However, every Dutch word I then type is marked as incorrect. No suggestions
are shown on right-clicking the words. I checked spell checking with Brazilian
Portuguese as well and it does not work either.

But if I select a "bundled" language such as English, the spell checker works
as expected. 

Since spell checking does work with e.g. English, the bug may be a simple error
such as that the dictionaries coming with the extensions are placed somewhere
else than the spell checker expects to find them.

I regard this as a blocker issue because spell checking is an important
function and now for many languages it simply doesn't work.

Configure bugmail:
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.

View raw message