incubator-ooo-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
Subject DO NOT REPLY [Bug 118837] New: Table of Contents Corruption - Some Headings Hyperlink in TOC Others Will Not, Erratic Behavior
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 02:46:02 GMT

             Bug #: 118837
        Issue Type: DEFECT
           Summary: Table of Contents Corruption - Some Headings Hyperlink
                    in TOC Others Will Not, Erratic Behavior
    Classification: Application
           Product: Word processor
           Version: OOo 3.3 RC8
          Platform: PC
        OS/Version: Windows 7
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P5
         Component: formatting

Created attachment 77169
Screenshot of the corrupt table of contents

I have a commercial PDF I have just written, using Windows 7 and OOo 3.3. This
is my second e-book I've written, the first one went fine without problems.

What I want to do is create a Table of Contents that hyperlinks to the content,
by chapter and sub-headings, since the document is nearly 300 pages.

I have used Insert > Indexes and Tables > Indexes and Tables

I select the level which corresponds to the header, in this case I want the H2
and H3 headers to be linked (H2 for chapters, H3 for sub-headings).

So I select "Entries" from the dialog for Indexes and Tables. Then I select the
box right before the "E" and click "hyperlink," and the space after the "E" and
click "hyperlink."

I do this for levels 2 and 3, just as I did with my first book. The problem is
that my table is corrupt.

About midway down, the entries stop linking and appear in another font. It
jumps from a sub-heading (linked) to a chapter (which is tabbed as if it
resides as a sub-heading to the sub-header, rather than the new chapter that it

I cannot upload the document since it is a premium product, but I've inserted a
picture of the problem.

Note: I have mapped level 2 and level 3 under Tools > Outline and Numbering to
the style "heading 2" and "heading 3," respectively, as described here:

My table is still corrupt.

Note: The book has several chapters, all were written originally in Google Docs
and then imported and added to form one whole document.

Configure bugmail:
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.

View raw message